Served at the B-Day Breakfast
3 C Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips (about 40 chips) coarsely chopped
1 1/2 C Salsa Verde (green salsa)
1/2 lime juice
3/4 cup milk
1 C (4 oz) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
2 TBS snipped fresh cilantro
1 Large Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Medium onion, chopped
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 Plum Tomato, sliced
Additional snipped Cilantro, salsa and sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, combine crushed chips and salsa, lime juice into bowl; mix well and set aside
2. In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, 3/4 c of cheese and cilantro; whisk until well blended. Add tortilla chip mixture to egg mixture; mix well.
3. Heat FAMILY SIZE SKILLET over medium/high heat until hot. Spray with non stick spray. Add onion, pepper, and garlic until crisp-tender.
Carefully pour egg mixture over ingredients in skillet. DO NOT STIR!
4. Place into pre heated oven and bake 22-25 min, until egg mixture is set in center.
5. Remove from oven; top with remaining cheese and arrange tomato's on top and garnish of cilantro. Let stand 5 minutes till cheese melts.
6. Serve with salsa, cilantro and sour cream on the side (optional)
You can make this for dinner as well... Just add 1 Cup Cooked, diced chicken. Delicious for Breakfast OR Dinner!